TAZ, aka Johnny Zee (Stereo Nation) a British Born Asian raised in Warwickshire UK, established himself as a recording artist with the release of his debut album ‘Hit the Deck’. Managed by Pop Star Neville Staples from the band ‘The Specials’ & ‘FunBoy3’. He stormed the UK Asian pop charts for thirty-six weeks at number 1. The album went on to become one of the biggest selling Asian fusion releases of all time. Taz aka Johnny Zee received UK’s ‘Best New Artist’ for his album ‘Hit The Deck’ at the Asian Music Awards year 1989
Described as the Pioneer Of Pop Fusion, The Prince Of Cross Over Music a lyricist, composer and producer, Taz quickly became the embodiment of cross-cultural music. He heralded a new era in which crossover music became the pursuit of many young British Asians. His music is best described as a hybrid of Traditional Asia fused with Western pop sensibility, infectious melodies and dynamic dance grooves. Some of Taz’s influences are George Michael, Prince, Jam & Lewis, Babyface, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, R D Burman, Gurdas Maan, Kuldip Manak and Zapp!!! To name a few…
Taz is Asian rooted yet inspired by British/American ideologies; this eventually brought about a stronger experimental reggae influence into his music and the inevitable collaboration with DJ Kendell on the album ‘Spirits of Rhythm’. He receieved ‘Best International Artist’ & ‘Best Performer’ – Award’ at the UK Bhangra Awards 1994
The success of ‘Spirits of Rhythm’ and his Album ‘New Dawn’, the follow up, took him from strength to strength and helped mushroom a global fan base. It was at this point that Taz gave birth to the now hugely popular fusion pop group ‘Stereo Nation’, consequently signing to EMI Premier UK. The act went on to have their first British chart hit, ‘I’ve Been Waiting’ and subsequently became an instant number one smash hit throughout Asia, as well achieving ‘Top Ten’ video on the UK music channel, ‘The Box’. Having achieved worldwide notoriety with the Multi Platinum Album ‘I’ve Been Waiting’, the success story continues!
Taz went onto tour Europe with a ten-piece band throughout 1998 in order to satisfy the rapidly growing international fan base as well as the Far East, Indian sub-continent, UAE, Australia, Africa, South East Asia, USA and Canada.
Having firmly established himself in Indian Sub Continent, Taz went onto sign a recording deal with ‘Times Music India’, which resulted in the worldwide release of the album “Jambo”. The long awaited album was an instant hit with fans worldwide which proved his sustaining power to deliver hits. (Oh Carol)
The latter half of 1999 saw Taz release his first solo album entitled ‘Nasha’ (Intoxicated) in the UK, causing a major storm on dance floors across Europe and the USA. To date the album has already gone gold…
The new Millennium sees Taz with his band ‘Stereo Nation’, starting to delve into new musical territory, experimenting with R’n’B, Soul, Dance & Bollywood! Taz’s next album, entitled ‘Slave II Fusion’ released in December 2000, achieved approx. 120,000 sales units in the U.K/U.S.A territories and 3 Million units in India! Receiving ‘Best Selling Album Of year 2000 at the UK Asian Music Awards’.
As a consequence to this success, Taz was approached by the internationally recognized Bollywood Film Industry to record and visualize a track for the film ‘Tum Bin’ – ‘Thora Daroo Vich Pyar Miladeh’ . The film went on to be one of the biggest successes in 2001, achieving Top Ten status in the U.K mainstream film cinemas, as well as being one of Bollywoods biggest films of the year. Since Tazs debut in Bollywood, he has been inundated with offers to further record sound tracks for the Indian Film Industry.
Further to his success in Bollywood Taz performed at the Indian Oscars (IIFA) in Sun City South Africa 2001, which was televised to an audience of approx. 3 Billion across the world. During his time at the IIFA awards, Taz was approached by the crème-de-le-crème of Bollywoods elite, to record / visualise in further Bollywood movies.
IIFA AWARDS – SUN CITY SOUTH AFRICA 2001
Due to popular demand Taz returned to the U.K to release his single ‘Laila’ into the mainstream charts. The single entered the British Charts at number 44. Taz also created history by being the first Asian Artist to visualise the accompanying video to ‘Laila’ by using CGI video technology.
More recently, Taz performed at the Royal Albert Hall supporting the Charity of Afghanistan, as well as playing live at the Annual Gala for the Richest British Asian Awards at the Natural History Museum London in the presence of HRH Prince Charles.
The follow up album to ‘Slave II Fusion’ entitled ‘Taz-Mania’, has surpassed the phenomenal success that its predecessor achieved. As a consequence to his success, Taz’s achievements have been recognised by the Guild of British Asians by being presented the award of ‘Best Music Act’ 2002, as well as being nominated in the same category at the Carlton Multicultural Media Awards 2002 alongside Ms Dynamite.
2003 saw Taz record once again for the ‘Bollywood Film Industry’. Visualised by Bollywood Heart Throb ‘Hritik Roshan’, the track ‘It’s Magic’ from the movie ‘Koi Mil Gaya’, went on to become the track of the year winning numerous awards at the ‘Bollywood Oscars’ in Mumbai this year.
2004 saw Taz release his latest smash, ‘Café Mumbai’. Recorded in London and Mumbai, the Album truly has worldwide appeal. Already ‘Ministry of Sound UK’ has picked up one of the tracks, ‘Ride with Me’, included in the compilation album ‘Urban Underground’. Having strongly established himself in ‘Bollywood’.
Taz’s music has also been featured in a ‘Hollywood’ production. The track ‘Mehbooba’ featured in the Movie ‘New York Minute’ featuring:
Ashley & Mary Kate Olson.
Taz received the accolade ‘BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT 2005’ at the official UK Asian Music Awards held at Le Palais Hammersmith, London in April 2005
In 2006 Taz featured in and recorded the title song to the British Cross Over Movie ‘SAMBER SALSA’ alongside RISHI KAPOOR with the super smash Hit song – ‘GULEH LAGJA’
Taz – The Hits FACTORY!!!
Its 2008, and the Pop Icon, Singer Songwriter Taz – Stereo Nation has Set The World On Fire Yet Again With His Recent Offering To His Fans !!!!!!!!!
JAWANI ‘ ON THE ROCKS ‘ March 2008
The album has gone Multi-platinum World Wide, selling like hotcake cakes.
Along with the busy Touring Schedule to promote the album, the Rock Star is also working on 5 Huge Bollywood Movies as we speak, recording the title lead songs for these films. The film titles will be released soon……so watch this space !!!!!!
With more hits to his name than hair on his head, the man has already set India on fire again with his recent offering – the lead track to the film ‘RACE’ titled ‘Mujpe Tho Jadoo’, a collaboration with Music Maestro Pritam Singh. The demand for the song has been crazy to say the least and a worldwide super smash with his fans.
TAZ has just performed for HRM Prince Charles Charity show at LORDS for the 20/20 Cricket for Rajastan Royals V Middlesex.
TAZ has just secured 4 songs including the lead song in Gurinder Chada’s next BIG HOLLYWOOD production. (Gurinder Chada was the successful producer /director of films like ‘Bend It Like Beckham’ & Bride Without Prejudice’)
1. Hoon Tha Meh Nachna Album Hit The Deck 1989
2. Peeni-an Vulethi Album Hit The Deck 1989
3. Hogeyee Koree Kurab Album Hit The Deck 1989
4. Cum Be My Lover EP Back To Rootz 1991
5. Van Farke Yaar Narl Nachle EP Back To Rootz 1991
6. Mahyee Meriyaa EP Back To Rootz 1991
7. Peche Churi Juwani Deh Album Spirits Of Rhythm 1994
8. Larl Larl Boliyan Album Spirits Of Rhythm 1994
9. Meh Vuleth Kanu Aagiya Album Spirits Of Rhythm 1994
10. Bokchoo Album Spirits Of Rhythm 1994
11. Ik Pyar Ka Nugma Album Spirits Of Rhythm 1994
12. Ishq Ishq Album New Dawn 1995
13. Bhangrech Aaja Album New Dawn 1995
14. Humeh Thomseh Pyar Album New Dawn 1995
15. I’ve Been Waiting (Larl Larl Boliyan) EMI Records 1996 UK TOP 40,Single & Album Multi Platinum Sales Worldwide With Songs Like: Akh Dabke, Ishq, Bokchoo & Meree-an
16. Cum Be My Lover Album 1997 Album Multi Platinum Sales Worldwide
17. Jambo – Album Multi Platinum Sales Worldwide 1998 Oh Carol
18. Nasha – Album Apna Sangeet (Gwandiya) 1999
19. Slave To Fusion AKA ‘Oh Laila’ – 2000 Monster Worldwide Smash
(Biggest Album To Date)
20. Nachangeh Sari Raath
21. Galan Gooriyan
22. Pyar Hogiyaa
23. Oh Laila
24. Tazmania – Album 2001 Multi Platinum Sales Worldwide
26. Peeni Peeni Sharab
28. Oh Saathi Reh
29. FILM ‘TUM BIN’ – 2001 Track Daroo Vich Pyar Miladeh Track Of The
Year @ Bollywood Oscars
30. FILM ‘KOI MIL GAYA’ – 2003 Track Its Magic Track Of The Year @
31. Cafe Mumbai – Album 2003 Apna Sangeet, Baby Don’t Go, Habibi & Mitran Nu Margeyee
32. DESI ROCK – 2004 Collaboration With DJ-SWAMI – Worldwide Smash
33. BLOCK PARTY – 2005 Collaboration with DJ-SANJ
34. KAMREH MEH AAJA – 2005 Collaboration with DJ-SANJ
35. FILM ‘DON’T STOP DREAMING’ – 2006 Debut Film As A Actor Smash Hit Songs Like: Shake Ya Body, Desi Blues, Nachke Dikaa, Meh Nashe Meh Hoon
36. Mujpeh toh Jadoo – 2008 Film ‘Race’ a worldwide smash hit !!
37.BRITISH FILM BY GURINDER CHADA “IT’S A WONDERUL AFTERLIFE” – 2010
38. PLATINUM SELLING ALBUM – ‘TWIST & SHOUT’ 2010
- We, Keyur Kamdar and Niraj Dave, the organizers of stand-up comedian Amit Tandon Perth show on 23rd July 2017 feel that the ‘Premier tickets’ online ticketing portal is very user –friendly and reliable ticketing partner to be for all future events. This was our first experience and we are pleased with the customer relationship management system of Premier tickets. It’s a pleasure working with the hard working team who also put their efforts in marketing to make our event succeed. Our show was sold out almost two weeks before the event.
A big Thank you to Vineet ,Meetali and team for a great service and continuous follow ups.